The 3rd Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Roundtable on Cities and Regions for the SDGs will be held on the theme: the SDGs as a framework for long-term COVID-19 recovery strategies in cities and regions.
Building on the results of the 1st and 2nd Roundtable, this 3rd edition will bring together key stakeholders to:
- reaffirm the relevance of a territorial approach to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for the COVID-19 recovery through the commitment of local and regional political leaders and stakeholders;
- understand how the SDGs can help cities and regions shape and implement COVID-19 recovery strategies by sharing lessons and showcasing successful experiences;
- take stock of key actions that can accelerate progress in the Decade of Action through lessons learned from selected cities;
- launch three new OECD pilot reports on “A Territorial Approach to the SDGs,” and chart the way forward to implementing the recommendations on the ground;
- coordinate Voluntary Local Reviews with Voluntary National Reviews to strengthen the multi-level governance of the SDGs; and
- harmonise SDGs measurement frameworks, building on the OECD localised indicator framework that measures the distance to the SDG targets of 600+ regions and 600 cities.
To receive SDG event notices, news and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
dates: 16-17 November 2020