The SDG Knowledge Hub (sdg.iisd.org) is an online resource center for news and commentary regarding the implementation of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The SDG Knowledge Hub was launched in October 2016 and is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), which is fully responsible for its content. Our team of experts regularly updates the SDG Knowledge Hub and produces the SDG Update, which contains the latest news, original commentary from our experts, and guest articles from key actors. The SDG Knowledge Hub also provides a calendar of upcoming events related to the 2030 Agenda.
Our coverage of the 2030 Agenda pays particular attention to efforts to advance global consensus on strategies for progress, the engagement of communities and stakeholders in implementing the SDGs, emerging challenges in reaching the SDGs and their targets, approaches to managing synergies, co-benefits and trade-offs within the SDG framework, and the quality of follow-up and review of efforts to realize the 2030 Agenda around the world.
Our news and commentary also explore the context for these endeavors: the strength of multilateralism and the fitness of the UN to secure the future envisioned for 2030 and beyond.
IISD gratefully acknowledges the start-up support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) for the SDG Knowledge Hub.
Funding for coverage of trade news is provided by UK aid from the UK Government. Additional support for coverage of specific events and news has been provided by the UN Environment Programme and Global Environment Facility, among others.
The Office of the President of the General Assembly contributed to our coverage of specific events in 2017. The European Union contributed to our coverage of specific events in 2017-2019.
Previous funding support for the Policy & Practice knowledgebases – which provided the archived news that is now accessible through the SDG Knowledge Hub – was provided by:
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (Climate Change Policy & Practice, Sustainable Development Policy & Practice, Natural Resources Policy & Practice, and Chemicals and Wastes Policy & Practice)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice, as well as sustainable development news in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, and Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Project on Sustainability Transformation beyond 2015 (POST2015), funded by the Japanese Ministry of Environment (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice)
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) (Natural Resources Policy & Practice and Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice)
- UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs’ Division for Sustainable Development (DESA) (SIDS Policy & Practice)
- United Arab Emirates Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Directorate of Energy and Climate Change) (Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice)
- European Commission (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice, Climate Change Policy & Practice, SIDS Policy & Practice and Natural Resources Policy & Practice)
- Global Environment Facility (Natural Resources Policy & Practice)
- France’s Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transport and Housing (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice)
- Germany’s Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice)