The SDG Knowledge Hub (http://sdg.iisd.org/) is an online resource center for news and commentary regarding the implementation of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The SDG Knowledge Hub is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), which is fully responsible for its content. Our team of experts regularly updates the SDG Knowledge Hub and produces the SDG Update, which contains the latest news, original commentary from our experts, guest articles from key actors in SDG implementation, and more. The SDG Knowledge Hub also provides a calendar of upcoming events related to the 2030 Agenda.
Launched in October 2016, the site brings together the content of our former Policy & Practice knowledgebases focused on: Chemicals and Wastes; Climate Change; Natural Resources; Small Island Developing States (SIDS); Sustainable Development; Sustainable Energy; and our three regionally focused sites on Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
IISD gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) for the SDG Knowledge Hub. Support from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is also gratefully acknowledged.
The European Union and the Office of the President of the General Assembly contributed to our coverage of specific events in 2017.
Previous funding support for the Policy & Practice knowledgebases – which provided the archived news that is now accessible through the SDG Knowledge Hub – was provided by:
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (Climate Change Policy & Practice, Sustainable Development Policy & Practice, Natural Resources Policy & Practice, and Chemicals and Wastes Policy & Practice)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice, as well as sustainable development news in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, and Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Project on Sustainability Transformation beyond 2015 (POST2015), funded by the Japanese Ministry of Environment (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice)
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) (Natural Resources Policy & Practice and Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice)
- UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs’ Division for Sustainable Development (DESA) (SIDS Policy & Practice)
- United Arab Emirates Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Directorate of Energy and Climate Change) (Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice)
- European Commission (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice, Climate Change Policy & Practice, SIDS Policy & Practice and Natural Resources Policy & Practice)
- Global Environment Facility (Natural Resources Policy & Practice)
- France’s Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development, Transport and Housing (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice)
- Germany’s Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) (Sustainable Development Policy & Practice)