The 2019 UN Science-Policy-Business Forum on the Environment will convene in Nairobi, Kenya, in the lead up to the fourth session of the UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4). Recommendations from the Forum are expected to inform UNEA-4 and the UN’s work on the SDGs and Paris Agreement on climate change.
This year’s Forum will focus on the nexus of science, innovation and entrepreneurship for the environment, and cover six key streams:
- Science for shaping green policies and market responses;
- Foundation for a global digital platform for our planet;
- Changing discourse: smarter, greener solutions for cities;
- Green technology startup hub;
- Innovative solutions on climate challenge: finance, market and non-State actors; and
- Healthy food for a sustainable planet.
UNEA-4 will convene under the theme, ‘Innovative Solutions for Environmental Challenges and Sustainable Consumption and Production,’ from 11-15 March 2019.
dates: 8-10 March 2019
location: Nairobi, Kenya