In advance of the Third UN Ocean Conference in June 2024, a stakeholder meeting will convene to generate national, regional, and global solutions in an inclusive manner, with the participation of all relevant stakeholders.
The meeting will serve as a platform for the exchange of best practices and successful experiences related to ocean governance and health. It aims to highlight topics of global significance on the ocean agenda and drive specific implementation actions to address the severe environmental crisis it faces. Eight international panels will address:
- Fishing resources;
- The fight against ghost fishing gear;
- Blue economy;
- Satellite technology for ocean conservation and sustainable use;
- Promoting global access to ocean cleanup technologies;
- Scientific developments to address marine plastic pollution;
- Effective implementation of global agreements; and
- Mobilization of necessary and available resources and financial mechanisms for effective ocean health and governance.
The Government of Costa Rica is organizing the event.
To receive SDG event notices, news, and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.