This gathering is one of eight ministerial meetings taking place in Japan alongside the 2019 G20 Summit. The other seven ministerial meetings taking place alongside the Summit are:
- G20 Agriculture Ministers’ Meeting;
- G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting;
- G20 Labor and Employment Ministers’ Meeting;
- G20 Tourism Ministers’ Meeting;
- G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth;
- G20 Health Ministers’ Meeting; and
- G20 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting.
The G20 is made up of 19 countries and the EU. The 19 countries are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the UK and the US.
Invited guest countries are the Netherlands, Senegal, Singapore, Spain and Thailand. Invited guest international organizations are the Economic Research Institute for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and East Asia (ERIA), Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), World Bank, World Food Programme (WFP) and World Trade Organization (WTO).
dates: 8-9 June 2019
location: Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan