Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 73rd meeting of the World Health Assembly will take place online. The WHA meets annually in Geneva, Switzerland.
The agenda for the 73rd has been reduced to fit into two days. It will take place from 18-19 May 2020.
At WHA 2020, Member States will deliver statements focused largely on the COVID-19 pandemic, report their progress in fighting COVID-19, share knowledge on the evolving situation, and consider a draft resolution on COVID-19.
The programme will cover:
- Opening of the Health Assembly by WHA 72 President
- Election of the President and five Vice-Presidents
- Presidential address
- Statements by invited speakers
- Address by the Director-General (on COVID-19 pandemic response)
- Statements by Heads of delegation on COVID-19 pandemic
- EB: election
- Closure/suspension (The WHA will consider suspending and reconvening later in the year to consider the remaining items on the agenda)
The SDG Knowledge Hub summary of WHA 2019 is here.
To receive SDG event notices, news and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
dates: 18-19 May 2020