The expanded Knowledge Portal provides access to over 700 knowledge resources from more than 100 knowledge providers, and presents information in a user-friendly, accessible manner.
The NDC Partnership has also launched a new website to enhance usability and to help countries access technical and financial knowledge resources to accelerate climate action and implement their NDCs.
The Knowledge Portal offers data modules on historical emissions, NDC content and NDC-SDG linkages.
Its other features include a Good Practice Database, a Climate Toolbox and a Climate Finance Explorer.
4 December 2018: The NDC Partnership has re-launched and expanded its Knowledge Portal to promote knowledge sharing and ensure that resources are easily accessible to support all stages of the planning and implementation of countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
The redesigned Knowledge Portal provides access to over 700 knowledge resources from more than 100 knowledge providers, and presents information in a user-friendly, accessible manner. The Portal tags all content according to common needs, including by sector, theme, country, language and stage of NDC implementation, and provides examples of good practices, updated funding opportunities, and more tools and resources from NDC Partnership members.
A searchable database of potential sources of climate funding allows users to compare eligibility criteria across funds.
More specifically, the Knowledge Portal offers data modules to explore climate data and learn about countries’ climate change goals. The Portal includes modules on:
- historical emissions, where users can explore emissions by region, sector and source, including all greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions since 1990 and carbon emissions since 1850;
- NDC content, with every country’s NDC put into a digital format to enable search and comparison of NDC texts across various metrics; and
- NDC-SDG linkages, with potential alignments identified between SDG targets and the targets, actions, policy measures and needs specified in countries’ NDCs.
The Knowledge Portal also includes:
- A Good Practice Database, which provides over 150 good practice examples of successful climate action and lessons learned where countries have overcome obstacles to enable them to learn from one another;
- A Climate Toolbox, which brings together tools, guidance, platforms and technical support in a searchable database to help countries plan and implement their NDCs, including through drafting policies and legislation, budgeting, engaging stakeholders, and monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV); and
- A Climate Finance Explorer, which includes a searchable database of potential sources of climate funding and other support to help finance adaptation or mitigation projects, programmes and other activities, and allows users to compare criteria across funds, including eligibility criteria.
The new Knowledge Portal was showcased during an event held on the sidelines of the Katowice Climate Change Conference, taking place in Poland from 2-14 December 2018. The NDC Partnership, which has also launched a new website to enhance usability, helps countries access technical and financial knowledge resources to accelerate climate action and implement their NDCs, as well as coordinate across sectors and ministries, implement creative technologies, and finance impactful projects. [NDC Partnership Press Release] [NDC Partnership Knowledge Portal] [NDC Partnership Website] [NDC Partnership Event Announcement on New Knowledge Portal at COP 24]