The World Congress on Water, Agriculture and Climate is taking place on the theme: Building Climate change resilience through ecosystem restoration. It will provide an opportunity for participants to discuss approaches for food and water security in a changing climate, and explore a climate-resilient future through technology intervention and adoption, with the aim of suggesting a policy framework for meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Congress, which is being hosted by the International River-Basin Foundation-India, is a bi-annual meeting of all associates of the World Council of Professionals and Industries, and global experts. The main themes of the Congress are:
- water availability and agricultural production in changing climate;
- food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture;
- ecosystem restoration and climate emergency;
- future of agriculture and sustainable food production;
- securing healthy waters, catchments and ecosystems;
- adopting smart technologies, policies, processes and capacity building;
- sharing and communicating data, knowledge and information; and
- delivering SDG outcomes.
To receive SDG event notices, news and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
dates: 24-28 November 2021