The World Bank Group/IMF Annual Meetings will center around “Supporting a Resilient Recovery,” with leaders and experts discussing the path ahead for developing countries.
Participants at the Meetings can expect to:
- find out what can be done to encourage greater private sector participation in debt-service suspension;
- learn how countries can recover from COVID-19 while continuing to address the growing challenges of climate change and biodiversity loss;
- watch experts as they discuss how the delivery of essential services, such as health and education and social protection, can be re-imagined in response to COVID-19 in a way that protects against future shocks and builds a more resilient recovery;
- explore new ways to accelerate digital access and create ubiquitous, affordable, and reliable connectivity for all;
- join the official launch of the World Bank Digital Infrastructure Summit;
- explore the obstacles to poverty reduction, including conflict and climate change; and
- tune in to the first virtual Civil Society Townhall and engage with representatives of Civil Society Organizations from around the world.
To receive SDG event notices, news and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
dates: 12-18 October 2020