The International Soil Congress on the theme, ‘Successful Transformation toward Land Degradation Neutrality: Future Perspective,’ will take place from 17-19 June 2019, marking the 25th anniversary of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).
The meeting will bring together senior scientists, academics, experts, policy makers, young researchers and students from national and international institutions to analyze the current and future trends of soil and land resources, establish new policies based on the principles of land degradation neutrality (LDN) and develop a universal message for the sustainable use of soil and land resources. The main topics will include:
- Successful transformation of agricultural sector for LDN through enhancing the soil health in the food production chain;
- Successful transformation of forest sector for LDN through preventing forest loss;
- Integrated planning approaches for sustainable use of land/soil resources;
- Unlocking the investment for LDN;
- Role of gender in LDN to achieve the SDGs; and
- Sustainable value chains for LDN.
The forum is organized by the Soil Science Society of Turkey, General Directorate of Combating Desertification and Erosion and Konya Food and Agriculture University, under the auspices of the UNCCD and Turkish Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
dates: 17-19 June 2019
location: Ankara, Turkey