The 2019 edition of the Helsinki Chemicals Forum (HCF) will address a series of issues related to promoting chemicals safety and chemicals management globally. Five panel discussions will address:
- Ways to choose the best possible risk management option to regulate substances of very high concern;
- Grouping of chemical substances and how to avoid regrettable substitution;
- Ways to measure the performance of different chemical management systems;
- Plastics and circularity: from pollution to a value-based proposition for all; and
- The quality of and access to data on chemicals.
HCF 2019 is organized by the Chemicals Forum Association, in cooperation with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), the European Commission, the European Chemical Industry Council (CEFIC) and the Finnish Government with local partners, including the City of Helsinki, the Chemical Industry Federation of Finland and the University of Helsinki.
dates: 23-24 May 2019
location: Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland