Global Goals Week 2017 is a collective effort to maximize the value of events and activations held during the opening of the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 72) and focused on driving progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals.
Global Goals Week was originally piloted in 2016 by organizing partners Project Everyone, the UN Development Programme (UNDP), and the UN Foundation.
Global Goals Week 2017 events include:
- Hult Prize Awards Ceremony;
- Social Good Summit (17 September);
- SDG Media Zone (18-22 September);
- Solutions Summit (19-21 September);
- UN Private Sector Forum (18 September);
- Global Citizen LIVE! (18 September);
- Climate Week Opening Ceremony (18 September);
- Concordia Annual Summit (18-19 September);
- World Economic Forum Sustainable Development Impact Summit (18-19 September);
- International Conference on Sustainable Development (18-19 September);
- Global Citizen Movement Makers (19 September);
- Global Goals Awards Dinner (19 September);
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Goalkeepers (19-20 September);
- TED Global NYC (20 September);
- UN Global Compact Leaders Summit (21 September);
- We the Future (21 September); and
- Global Citizen Festival (23 September).
Climate Week will also take place at the same time.
dates: 16-23 September 2017
location: New York City, US