The eighth meeting of the UN Inter-Agency and Expert Group on the Sustainable Development Goal Indicators (IAEG-SDGs) will convene in Stockholm, Sweden, from 5-8 November 2018, hosted by Statistics Sweden at the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agenda (Sida).
As with the seventh meeting, IAEG-SDGs 8 will begin with a one-day meeting for members of the Group, on 5 November, followed by a three-day plenary session, from 6-8 November, to which all countries, international and regional agencies and entities, and other stakeholders are invited. The provisional agenda and information note are now available.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Review the tier classification;
- Discuss the implementation plan for data flows and case studies on data flows for SDGs;
- Review Tier III work plans and updates;
- Review timeline and process for 2020 comprehensive review and additional indicators;
- Discuss progress made on the work stream on data disaggregation; and
- Share experiences on implementing monitoring of the SDGs.
dates: 5-8 November 2018
venue: Sida, Valhallavägen 199
location: Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
contact: Heather Page