The 9th annual Climate Week NYC will take place during the General Debate of the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 72). It will gather leaders from business and government to demonstrate how continued investment in innovation, technology and clean energy will drive profitability and lead us towards a net-zero emissions global economy. The Week will seek to demonstrate how non-state actors are embracing the opportunities of the clean economy and innovating to create jobs and prosperity for businesses and communities alike.
Climate Week NYC 2017 will focus on the theme: ‘Innovation. Jobs. Prosperity.’ It will also seek to showcase the role that non-state actors are playing in ensuring the successful implementation of the Paris Agreement and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Week is organized by The Climate Group, an international non-profit that works internationally with businesses, states and regions to deliver a world of net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and greater prosperity for all.
Climate Week NYC 2017 events include:
- Climate Week Opening Ceremony (18 September);
- A Tipping Point: Investors Prompt Companies to Disclose and Manage Climate Risk (18 September);
- Carbon Pricing Shifts in the Asia Pacific – Challenges and Opportunities (18 September);
- Building Ambition to 2050: Taking Action Toward 100% Net Zero Carbon Buildings (18 September);
- Fifth Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSD) (18-19 September);
- Sustainable Development Impact Summit 2017 (18-19 September);
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in Aviation (19 September);
- From Billions to Trillions: Mobilizing Private Sector Climate Finance (19 September);
- Cities for Global Impact: Advancing the SDGs through Urban Action (19 September);
- Human Impact: A Gathering about Climate Migration (19 September);
- High-level Event on Climate Education for Children and Youth: Accelerating the Implementation of the Paris Agreement and the SDGs (20 September);
- Low-Emissions Solutions Conference (LESC) (20-21 September);
- Zero Emissions Summit (21 September);
- Disciplining Fossil Fuel Subsidies for Climate Mitigation and SDGs: a Job for the Trade System? (22 September); and
- Implementation of Paris Climate Agreement: What are the Challenges for the New Generation? (24 September).