The ‘Climate Chance Summit – Africa 2019’ will bring together non-State actors fighting climate change on the African continent, including local governments, businesses, trade unions, environmental non-governmental organizations (NGOs), farmers, women and youth organizations, researchers and other stakeholders in Accra, Ghana, to reinforce the operational roadmaps adopted at the 2018 edition of the Summit. The roadmaps on 1) adaptation, 2) agriculture, food and reforestation, 3) buildings, 4) education and training, 5) energy, 6) finance and 7) sustainable development cities provided a contribution to the 2018 Talanoa Dialogue.
The 2019 second edition of the Summit will focus on the following themes:
- Access to climate finance in Africa;
- Developing African cities in a sustainable way;
- Agriculture, food and reforestation in Africa;
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency in Africa;
- Mobility and sustainable transport in Africa;
- Adaptation and water in Africa;
- Sustainable building and construction in Africa;
- Education and training on climate change in Africa; and
- Circular economy in Africa.
The Summit is organized by the Climate Chance Association and the National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG).
dates: 16-18 October 2019
location: Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana