The 50th sessions of the UNFCCC Subsidiary Body for Implementation (SBI) and Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice (SBSTA) will convene in Bonn, Germany, from 17-27 June 2019. The Bonn Climate Change conference will address numerous implementation issues under the Convention, the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement.
Among other issues, SBSTA 50 will address matters relating to science and review, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C (SR15). The 11th meeting of the Research Dialogue (RD 11) and an associated poster session will take place in conjunction with SBSTA 50.
SBI 50 will include a multilateral assessment working group session under the international assessment and review (IAR) process, and a facilitative sharing of views under the international consultation and analysis (ICA) process.
The SDG Knowledge Hub summary of the agendas for the meetings is here.
Meetings of UNFCCC constituted bodies and related events will take place in conjunction with the Bonn Climate Change Conference. These include:
- Expert Dialogue on Technologies for Averting, Minimizing and Addressing Loss and Damage in Coastal Zones;
- Third meeting of the Paris Committee on Capacity-building;
- Technical Expert Meetings on Mitigation (TEM-Ms) 2019;
- Technical Expert Meeting on Adaptation (TEM-A) 2019;
- First meeting of the Katowice Committee of Experts on the Impacts of the Implementation of Response Measures; and
- First meeting of the Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples Platform (LCIPP) Facilitative Working Group.
dates: 17-27 June 2019
venue: World Conference Center Bonn
location: Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
contact: UNFCCC Secretariat
phone: (49-228) 815-1000
fax: (49-228) 815-1999