The 30th UN-Water meeting will take place at IFAD headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Agenda items will include:
- Update on the UN reform process;
- Progress update from the Task Force on Country-level Engagement;
- Report from the Task Force on UN High-level Meetings on Water and Sanitation;
- Update on the Water Action Decade 2018-2028;
- Integrated Monitoring Initiative;
- Final report of the UN-Water SDG 6 Synthesis Report 2018 on Water and Sanitation and the Public Dialogue;
- Update on the World Water Development Report 2019 and 2020; and
- Presentation of the World Water Quality Assessment.
Among the agenda items, participants will consider the implications of the recently adopted resolution of the UN General Assembly on the midterm comprehensive review of the implementation of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018–2028. This resolution calls for convening two UN high-level meetings on water and sanitation. The first is to take place in 2021, and will be a one-day high-level meeting to promote the implementation of the water-related Goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda. The second will take place from 22-24 March 2023 and will be in the form of a UN Conference on the Midterm Comprehensive Review of the Implementation of the Objectives of the International Decade for Action.
The SDG Knowledge Hub summary of the 29th UN-Water meeting is here.
dates: 31 January – 1 February 2019
location: Rome, Lazio, Italy