The 19th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES CoP19) is expected to take place in Costa Rica in 2022.
The CoP convenes every two to three years to review the implementation of the Convention, including:
- review progress in the conservation of species included in the Appendices;
- consider proposals to amend the lists of species in Appendices I and II;
- consider discussion documents and reports from the Parties, the permanent committees, the Secretariat and working groups;
- recommend measures to improve the effectiveness of the Convention; and
- make provisions necessary to allow the Secretariat to function effectively.
The SDG Knowledge Hub summary of CITES CoP18 is here.
To receive SDG event notices, news and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
date: 1 June 2022 [tentative]
location: Costa Rica [tentative]