The 18th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF) will convene on the theme, ‘Critical Minerals and the Energy Transition’.
The AGM will include sessions on:
- Accelerating decarbonization: technology, innovation, and partnerships;
- Building resilient supply chains;
- Community resilience in a just transition;
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and responsible mining;
- Government readiness for modern policy and regulatory frameworks;
- Re-mining for critical minerals and land restoration;
- The future of resource taxation; and
- Women in the future of mining.
The IGF supports more than 75 nations committed to leveraging mining for sustainable development to ensure negative impacts are limited and financial benefits are shared. It is devoted to optimizing the benefits of mining to achieve poverty reduction, inclusive growth, social development, and environmental stewardship.
To receive SDG event notices, news, and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
dates: 7-10 November 2022
location: Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland