The 17th annual Internet Governance Forum (IGF) will convene on the overarching theme, ‘Resilient Internet for a Shared Sustainable and Common Future.’ The Forum serves to bring people together from various stakeholder groups as equals, in discussions on public policy issues relating to the Internet.
In addition to its overarching theme, the programme of the 17th IGF will also be guided by five themes drawn from the Global Digital Compact in the UN Secretary-General’s ‘Our Common Agenda’ report, as follows:
- connecting all people and safeguarding human rights;
- avoiding internet fragmentation;
- governing data and protecting privacy;
- enabling safety, security, and accountability; and
- addressing advanced technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI).
The 17th IGF will be hosted by the Government of Ethiopia.
To receive SDG event notices, news, and analysis in your inbox, subscribe.
dates: 28 November – 2 December 2022
location: Addis Ababa, Adis Abeba, Ethiopia