The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is pleased to announce the launch of
Water Policy & Practice
A Knowledgebase of Activities Addressing Sustainable Water and Sanitation
Water Policy & Practice is a knowledge management project tracking activities addressing sustainable water and sanitation policy and practice. It is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. Funding for Water Policy & Practice has been provided by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
All of the original content articles on Water Policy & Practice are researched and written by our team of thematic experts.
Features of the website include:
- A knowledgebase of summaries of activities (publications, meetings, statements or projects) by a range of actors, with the option to search by several categories (region, actor, action and issue);
- An archive of all posts on the site, organized by date posted;
- A clickable world map, enabling you to view the latest water and sanitation policy news by region (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America & the Caribbean, Near East, Northern America, and South West Pacific);
- A link to subscribe to WATER-L, a moderated community announcement list for policy-makers and practitioners involved with water and sanitation policy;
- A link to the most recent “Water Update,” a periodic emailed newsletter of recent posts to the Water Policy & Practice knowledgebase, distributed to the WATER-L list;
- A Calendar of upcoming international events related to sustainable water and sanitation policy and practice;
- A link to our Water iCalendar, which automatically updates your own calendar program with upcoming water and sanitation-related events; and
- A link to our RSS feed.
We invite you to visit Water Policy & Practice, at http://sdg.iisd.org/.
IISD manages and is fully responsible for the content posted on Water Policy & Practice. Information on United Nations activities is provided in cooperation with the UN system agencies, funds and programmes through the United Nations System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB).
For further information on this initiative or to provide us with information about your water and sanitation-related activities, please contact Alice Bisiaux, Content Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.