The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is pleased to announce the launch of
Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice:
A Knowledgebase Tracking International Sustainable Energy Policy and Activities
Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice is a knowledge management project tracking intergovernmental and other international activities on sustainable energy development. It is managed by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services.
The launch of Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice comes as the 2012 International Year of Sustainable Energy for All is being launched, and UN, governments, academics, NGOs, businesses, and the media look to sustainable energy efforts as a key part of the solution to address multiple global challenges.
All news articles on Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice are researched and produced by our team of thematic experts, resulting in all original content.
Features of the website include:
- A knowledgebase of summaries of activities (publications, meetings, statements or projects) by a range of actors, with the option to search by several categories (region, actor, action and issue);
- An archive of all posts on the site, organized by date posted;
- A clickable world map, enabling you to view the latest sustainable energy policy news by region (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America & the Caribbean, Near East, Northern America, and South West Pacific);
- A link to subscribe to ENERGY-L, a moderated community announcement list for policy-makers and practitioners involved with sustainable energy policy;
- A link to the most recent “Sustainable Energy Update,” a periodic feed of recent posts to the Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice knowledgebase;
- A Calendar of upcoming international events related to sustainable energy policy;
- A link to our Sustainable Energy iCalendar, which automatically updates your own calendar program with upcoming sustainable energy-related events; and
- A link to our RSS feed.
We invite you to visit Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice, at http://sdg.iisd.org/.
Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice is published by IISD in cooperation with the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and with funding from the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
For further information on this initiative or to provide us with information about your sustainable energy-related activity, please contact Aaron Leopold, Content Editor, at email@example.com.